Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The peanut loses a tooth!


With everything that we have had going on lately, I tend to forget to stop and savor the moments with the kids. Fortunately, there are events in the meantime that help me to remember what it really is all about!

Sophie and I were sitting together on the couch talking about the days events while she was eating an apple plucked from our tree a few minutes earlier, when all of the sudden...we heard a pop, and before we knew it Sophie had a very loose tooth! It was hanging by a thread and I think that it caught both of us by suprize! I am not by any means an expert tooth extractor, that title is reserved for my Bailey, so I was unsure of what to do next. Sophie was a little nervous, a little green, and a little excited all at once! She refused to allow Bailey to approach her and darned if that little stubborn girl didn't pluck out her own tooth later that day!

That night we discussed what the tooth fairy really does with all of those teeth anyway, and where she gets the money to give to kids anyway, and then I smooched my peanut and tucked her in.

No comments: