Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Esbjerg



The weekend after Simone's party we headed out on a mystery trip to Esbjerg. Our first stop was at the Esbjerg water exhibit. (OK, so I can't remember the real name, but it encompasses a lot of what we saw and did there! ;) We saw fish and seals and even had the opportunity to look at shells and other sea skeletons through microscopes. The sea lion show was really great, they are really cute, and amazingly graceful in the water! We managed to get there early and had a great spot to see the show...thanks to Max! He ran ahead and secured our place. While we were there we could look from the deck over to the four statues of men that we had on our agenda to visit too! They were donated to the city by an artist, and are enormous! (I will add the exact information in a bit later, but I am trying to play catch up :) The water museum also was home to a World War II exhibit, with actual bunkers that were used during the war. They were damp and downright yucky, and I can't imagine being in them for extended periods of time. The kids said that they felt a little bit like they were haunted...and I have to agree! The statues were last on our list, but certainly not least! ( These guys had secretly been on my wish list of places to visit since before we had moved to Demark, so I was sooo excited to finally see them!) It was a great trip and we came home tired, but happy! Don't tell the kids, but I think they learned a little something too! ;)














1 comment:

MoMo 2.0 said...

you have now been somewhere in Jutland I have not.. but I WANT TO!!! That sculpture is HIGH on my list of MUST SEES!