2007 first day of school pics from Michigan
Bailey and Max at Pleasant Ridge Elementary
Can you see the joy on their faces??
2008 Herning Friskole
Sophie and Cille
(pronounced Silla)
Cille, Sophie, Cecilia, Cia

Sophie bonded quickly with Cille, while Cecilia and Sia are very curious and attentive would be pals. The fact that we don't understand all that they are saying doesn't seem to bother them, nor does it make them say less! Cille was very happy when she spoke to me one day and I was able to make out that she had just lost another tooth that morning! You couldn't miss the toothless smile for the rest of that week! Cecilia and Sia seem to be intrigued by the fact that we are novices in the Danish experience. Cecilia continues speaking to me without taking a breathe and is encouraged when I catch a basic word or two. They are all fond of Sophie's love of beautiful dresses and told me that "Sophie har mange fint kjole.". I know I am killing the spelling, but that meant that she has many fine dresses! They also loved her Dora backpack with wheels! Sophie sits next to Xenia, and a little drenge ( boy) named Anders. Barring one little boy in her class she is the only brown berry in the bunch! ;)

Each child is encouraged to bring a pencil bag filled with colored pencils, pencils and rulers to skole.
Here is Sophie looking for a pencil to write her name on the first day of school.

Bailey's teacher Aase (pronounced osahh) addressing the class on the first day. We found it interesting that the children call the teachers by their first names. (Even in Børnhaveklasse or Sophie's class - which is after kindergarten, but before first grade -they call it zero grade)
Bailey's seat mate Ellen, is a new big sister and very nice. Funny enough after meeting with Ellen's mom we realized that Finn and Ellen's stepdad had attended school together.

The classic pic in front of the school. Just because we are in Denmark doesn't mean that they get out of this age old tradition! :) They were lucky because they didn't have to have the standard pic with their teacher this year. I had to give in a little, because I know that they already had to beat the image of being the new kids! Don't worry, I fully intend to get them a little later in the year when their classmates are used to this photo snapping American mom!
The link to check out the skole : http://www.herningfriskole.dk.com/
The link to check out the old skole: http://www.SalineSchools.com/
(Pleasant Ridge elementary )
Cille, Sophie, Cecilia, Cia
Sophie bonded quickly with Cille, while Cecilia and Sia are very curious and attentive would be pals. The fact that we don't understand all that they are saying doesn't seem to bother them, nor does it make them say less! Cille was very happy when she spoke to me one day and I was able to make out that she had just lost another tooth that morning! You couldn't miss the toothless smile for the rest of that week! Cecilia and Sia seem to be intrigued by the fact that we are novices in the Danish experience. Cecilia continues speaking to me without taking a breathe and is encouraged when I catch a basic word or two. They are all fond of Sophie's love of beautiful dresses and told me that "Sophie har mange fint kjole.". I know I am killing the spelling, but that meant that she has many fine dresses! They also loved her Dora backpack with wheels! Sophie sits next to Xenia, and a little drenge ( boy) named Anders. Barring one little boy in her class she is the only brown berry in the bunch! ;)
Each child is encouraged to bring a pencil bag filled with colored pencils, pencils and rulers to skole.
Here is Sophie looking for a pencil to write her name on the first day of school.
Bailey's teacher Aase (pronounced osahh) addressing the class on the first day. We found it interesting that the children call the teachers by their first names. (Even in Børnhaveklasse or Sophie's class - which is after kindergarten, but before first grade -they call it zero grade)
Bailey's seat mate Ellen, is a new big sister and very nice. Funny enough after meeting with Ellen's mom we realized that Finn and Ellen's stepdad had attended school together.
The classic pic in front of the school. Just because we are in Denmark doesn't mean that they get out of this age old tradition! :) They were lucky because they didn't have to have the standard pic with their teacher this year. I had to give in a little, because I know that they already had to beat the image of being the new kids! Don't worry, I fully intend to get them a little later in the year when their classmates are used to this photo snapping American mom!
Max lucked out this time around, because I could only be in two places at once! :) Finn attended the first day meetings with Max and sadly he didn't have a camera on him. Max tried to look bummed, but the smile he was trying not so hard to hide kept peeking out!
The link to check out the skole : http://www.herningfriskole.dk.com/
The link to check out the old skole: http://www.SalineSchools.com/
(Pleasant Ridge elementary )
1 comment:
The correct link:
www.Herningfriskole.dk.com
Post a Comment