Fortunately, for all of us, once she felt like her opinion counted, construction could begin again. I found out later that week why they slept so well that evening - those rocks were heavy!
The finished product. The kids spent hours creating this fort together. Hefting big rocks and incorporating a ton of dirt to secure the rocks in place. Even the peanut was carrying the big rocks. They all rolled their eyes when I used the classic "be careful" phrase every once in a while. "Yeah, yeah mom." The double yeah, yeah is a classic dane-ism. It cracks me up to hear them use it - even at my expense!
An impromptu game of Soccer..I mean fodball in the neighbors yard. Bailey and Max were hangin' around the house when Tina's boys came over and signed that they were interested in a two on two game. The oldest against the youngest. Always fair right? Well, in this case it didn't seem to matter, because Max and his fellow younger sib. won 3-1! They were sooo proud! These pics were taken from Sophie's bedroom while I was in spy mode. A mom's only spy mode! It was soo funny - because I am sure that if they were paying attention that they would have seen the flashes going off!
2 comments:
Everyone is looking pretty happy in that first pic.. You are doing an incredible job creating this new home for them!
It´s wonderfull to have you as neighbours! And actually hear we DO have neighbours...
You´re doing a greater job than you know.
Thank you for our talks which I really enjoy and being mom is universal.
:) Tina
Post a Comment