Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our trip to Copenhagen - Part 1












On February 13th we loaded up the rental van and headed for our vacation in Copenhagen. Now I have to say that the Danish winter so far really couldn't hold a candle to what we experience in MI...much less what MI has experienced this far at approx. 100 plus inches of snow this year! That being said, imgagine our suprise when we woke up on the morning of our trip and saw at least and inch and a half of snow on the ground! The kids were so happy to see the white stuff on the ground even if they could only see it from the car windows. I have to admit, I was a little tickled to see it too! Although, not so happy to know we would be driving in it! About 2 hours later, this was one of the first views of the Bridge.

Our fearless driver for this neck of the journey...Simone. Fortunatelty, our Simone has thick skin and could withstand the drving critiques and helpful advise from her big brother and dad! ;)

Soon after we arrived in Copenhagen we all needed to stretch our legs. So it was off to the city for us.




Maxie's first views of the city! He was so excited! The cold didn't seem to bother him a bit!
I was so focused on trying to get the pictures that I would forget every once in a while to keep up! Here the group is waiting for me to catch up...AGAIN! Bailey decides to do her best impression of a stone carving at Towne Hall in Copenhagen! The courtyard at Towne Hall was beautiful in the winter. So I can only imagine how lovely it is when the flowers are in bloom!

No comments: